Reinbeck Telecommunications Utility provides basic and enhanced telecommunications services to qualifying low-income residents within its service area. Basic Services are offered at the following rates:
Single-party residential service: $12.59/month
Single-party business service: $25.18/month
Residential and business service includes:
- Voice-grade access to the public telephone network
- Single-party, flat-rated local service free of per-minute charges
- Dual-tone, multi-frequency signaling (touch-tone) service
- Access to directory assistance service
- Access to other operator services
- Access to 911 emergency services
- Toll limitation for qualifying low-income consumers
Lifeline and Link Up telephone assistance programs are available for qualifying low-income subscribers. These programs provide for connection and monthly service discounts on telephone service. To qualify, a subscriber must meet one or more of the following requirements:
- Participate in Medicaid
- Participate in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Participate in the Temporary Aid to Needy Families (TANF) program
- Participate in the National School Lunch (NSL) free lunch program
- Receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Receive Federal Public Housing Assistance
- Receive Low Income Housing Energy Assistance
- Have household income that is at or below 135 percent of the Federal Poverty Guidelines
Toll blocking at no charge and reduced deposits are also available.
The basic services described above are offered to all consumers in Reinbeck Municipal Telecommunications Utility service area. You may only receive low-income assistance from one wireline or wireless telephone provider per household.
Download application here: Lifeline Application Form
If you have any questions about this program, visit www.lifelinesupport.org for more information or contact us directly at (319) 788-7888.