- Current Account. An account is considered current if payment for services and facilities is received on or before the due date.
- Delinquent Account. An account is considered delinquent if payment is not received on or before the due date. A past due notice will be sent on the next business day following the due date. If payment is not received within 5 business days after the notice is sent, service will be disconnected.
- Disconnected Account. An account whose services have been disconnected due to non-payment.
- Disconnection Date. The date by which, if full payment of all past due amounts is not received, the customer’s service is subject to disconnection. The disconnection date shall be no less than 32 days after bills for services are mailed.
- Generally, all customers shall pay for services and facilities monthly, in advance. Long distance and nonrecurring charges shall be paid in arrears.
- Bills for services are mailed to customers on the 25th day of the month before services are rendered (the “Due Date”).
- Payment is due on or before the close of business on the 20th of the month for which services are rendered. For example, a customer’s August charges will be included in the bill that is mailed on July 25th. The customer has until August 20th to pay in order to keep their account current.
Disconnection of Service for Non-Payment
- If full payment of all past due amounts is not received on or before the disconnection date, the customer’s services shall be disconnected.
- A customer may make a partial payment and designate the payments to avoid disconnection of a particular service of their choice. For example, if a customer is past due on telephone, internet, and cable TV they may choose to pay the full amount due toward internet service while allowing telephone and cable TV service to be disconnected.
- If a customer makes a partial payment but does not designate how that payment should be applied, the payment will be applied in the following order:
- Telephone charges
- Internet charges
- Cable TV charges
Services that are disconnected after a partial payment is made may be restored subject to the Section 5 of this policy.
Restoration of Service After Disconnection for Non-Payment
- A customer whose service has been disconnected due to non-payment will be required to pay the following:
- All past due charges owed to RTU.
- A deposit equal to one month’s estimated charges for the service being restored.
- A reconnection fee of $35.00.
Methods of Payment
- Cash, check, ACH/Bank Payment, debit or credit card, and Dwolla are all accepted methods of payment for customer charges.
Returned Check Charge
- A service charge of $15.00 will be charged on all returned checks.